Among the essential elements of being a successful Facilitator at LifeSPAN is the ability to engage, listen to, and guide a group of people that have come together for one purpose: the focus person. Although the focus of the network is one person, the outcome of the network depends on all of its members. As a facilitator, being able to promote individual choices, foster community interaction and continuously discover common purposes within others allows the network to thrive.
LifeSPAN often has openings for part-time network facilitators. We are looking for people with life experience to help adults with a developmental disability to connect with a community and build a support network of friends. Please go to the LifeSPAN Facilitator Job Openings Page for more info and an application form or contact Beth Angelo, Network Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifeSPAN Facilitator Manual
- Cover (or PDF)
- Contents (or PDF)
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to LifeSPAN (or PDF)
- Chapter 2: Introduction to Relationships (or PDF)
- Chapter 3: Building the Network (or PDF)
- Chapter 4: Story from a Network (or PDF)
- Chapter 5: Roles, Responsibilities, and Communication (or PDF)
- Chapter 6: Facilitator Resources (or PDF)