LifeSPAN often has openings for part-time network facilitators. We are looking for people with life experience to help adults with a developmental disability to connect with a community and build a support network of friends. LifeSPAN is a non-profit that embraces flexibility and provides a supportive environment for facilitators. Among the essential elements of being a successful Facilitator at LifeSPAN is the ability to engage, listen to, and guide a group of people that have come together for one purpose: the focus person.
Although a network is centered on one person, the vitality of the network depends on all of its members. As a facilitator, being able to promote individual choices, foster community interaction and continuously discover common purposes within others allows the network to thrive.
Please contact LifeSPAN for more information about becoming a facilitator if you:
- Have a natural talent for connecting people
- Enjoy extending hospitality
- Have mature judgment about working with people
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- See the “gifts” rather than the “deficits” of others
- Have good time-management skills
- Believe that relationships are essential for all people to have a good life
- Want to help people who are isolated to develop their support networks
- Are willing to commit to a minimum of 1-2 years of part-time work with a network.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
- Graduate students
- Stay-at-home parents
- Busy professionals
Approximately 1 to 6 hours a month
A one-year commitment is requested
Training and ongoing mentoring provided by LifeSPAN are based on proven network facilitation skills created by the group PLAN(TM) of Canada.
The current hourly rate is $25.50 per hour plus mileage reimbursement.
LifeSPAN Employment Application Forms
For information and to express interest about facilitator job openings, please contact Joanne Whitehead, Network Coordinator: email@example.com.
Once you have contacted Joanne, regarding your interest, you can email your completed forms to her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.